Major job duties
• Provide 1-1 or small group tutoring with TRIO UB/UBMS high school students who are in need of academic assistance with general tutoring or study skills strategies for high school success & college preparation.
• Assist high school students to improve in general courses and/or advanced courses (i.e., writing, chemistry, biology, physics, math)
• Engage with staff, teachers, and high school students to assist in planning, coordinating and conducting college prep, interest inventories, and career exploration workshops.
• Assist with the recruitment of high school students at Washington Technology Magnet High School or Hmong College Prep Academy to be part of the program.
• Assist UB & UBMS Coordinators and Advisors in planning and implementation of events, college visits, and logistics as needed
• Maintain and develop relationships with college and high school personnel
• Assist with inputting data in student access data
• Assist with the summer online program
• Assist with other duties as assigned
• Attend trainings
Qualifications and experience
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to tutor, explain and teach high school students how to improve on their writing, math, science, comprehension and study skills at the Honors, AP, CIS, PSEO levels
- Experience in working with high school students
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel to the high schools for tutoring sessions after school hours
- Must be able to demonstrate healthy professional boundaries with students
- Possess strong attention to details and organizational skills
- Develop a full understanding of the TRIO programs, the two target high schools we serve, and the students served.
- Ability to enforce standards and regulations, and to react quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to create and maintain computerized records
- Ability to conduct workshops using in-depth knowledge on specific study skills subjects
- Demonstrate experience in working in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible
Submit your resume, cover letter describing your interest and a list of days and times of the week you are available to work to email@example.com