Major job duties
- Working one-on-one with elementary school students reading below grade level.
- Assisting in running the tutoring center, including substitute tutoring.
- Assisting in volunteer management of tutors along with preparing and organizing materials for the program implementation.
- Able to commit between 5-15 hours/week, for a minimum of one semester (school year commitment is preferred).
Qualifications and experience
- Willingness and eagerness to learn tutoring strategies.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy for students while holding high expectations.
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Ability to commit to a schedule and show up promptly when expected.
Email resume to Alee.Fayngold@metrostate.edu