This individualized studies bachelor's degree with a focus in Aviation Management is offered by a consortium of four state universities: Metropolitan State University, Minnesota State University-Mankato (MSU), Saint Cloud State University (SCSU) and Winona State University (WSU). Students complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and Metropolitan State Liberal Studies requirements, and all aviation core and elective courses from the four consortium schools. Students may receive up to 20 elective credits for their Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) pilot, flight instructor, air traffic controller, dispatcher, and airframe and power plant mechanic certificates if these certificates were not earned through a post-secondary program. Up to 40 technical credits may be awarded in transfer to graduates of two-year technical college programs.
Aviation classes, offered in various Twin Cities locations, are open to students enrolled in the Aviation Management program, as well as to other students who have a substantial aviation background. Additional information is available from the Metropolitan State Admissions Office or the College of Individualized Studies Advising Center.
Declare Your Program
To be eligible for acceptance to the Individualized Studies major with an Aviation Management focus, students must submit a College of Individualized Studies Undergraduate Program Declaration Form. This form is normally submitted while taking PRSP 301, Perspectives: Educational Philosophy and Planning, but can be done prior to taking the course.
Students are classified as Pre-Individualized Studies majors until they complete PRSP 301 and develop an approved degree plan.
Courses required for your specific program are listed below and on the right column on this page. They include prerequisite, foundation, core and elective courses. Contact your advisor with questions concerning your degree plan.
- PRSP 301 Perspectives: Educational Philosophy and Planning
- AVIT 103 Introduction to Air Transportation (SCSU)
- AVIT 317 Ethics in Aviation (SCSU)
- PHYS 388 Aviation Law/Legislative and Legal Aspects of Aviation (WSU)
- PHYS 380 Aviation Resource Management (WSU)
- MGMT 310 Management Principles and Practices
- AVIT 419 Contemporary Issues Aviation Capstone (SCSU) or
- PRSP 499 Capstone
- ICS 120 Microcomputer Applications
- ICS 125 Understanding and Using the Internet
- BLAW 310 Business Law: UCC and Contracts
- AVIA 442 Fundamentals of Air Traffic Control (MSU)
- AVIA 443 Airline Dispatch (MSU)
- AVIA 343 Airport Management (MSU)
- AVIA 333 Airline Management/Operations (MSU)
- HRM 310 Human Resource Management: A Strategic Framework
- AVIA 499 Individual Study in Aviation (MSU)
- PHYS 380 Seminar Topics in Aviation Organization (WSU)
- AVIT 496 Seminar Topics (SCSU)