This course provides an introduction to the elements of writing short fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction. Students learn a variety of approaches to creative writing in a cooperative class environment.
- Analyze voice and tone in writing.
- Demonstrate original, creative writing.
- Demonstrates clearer, more effective writing through the process of revision.
- Describe and appreciate works in the arts and humanities as expressions of individual and collective values within an intellectual, cultural, historical and social context.
- Develop an appreciation for the pleasure of writing creatively in both prose and poetic form.
- Explore intellectually the ideas expressed in works in the arts and humanities.
- Interpret and respond critically to works from various cultures in the arts and humanities.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner material from diverse sources and points of view.
- Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding.
- Understand that writing offers a human connection through intelligible language.
- Understand/demonstrate the writing process through convention, organization, drafting, revision, editing and presentation.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in writing and speaking.
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities.
- Understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within a historical and social context.
- Respond critically to works in the arts and humanities.
- Engage in the creative process or interpretive performance.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities.
|01||Introduction to Creative Writing||Frykman, Kristi A||Books for WRIT-251-01 Summer 2023||Course details for WRIT-251-01 Summer 2023|
|01||Introduction to Creative Writing||Patterson, Gar||Books for WRIT-251-01 Fall 2023||Course details for WRIT-251-01 Fall 2023|
|50||Introduction to Creative Writing||Frykman, Kristi A||Books for WRIT-251-50 Fall 2023||Course details for WRIT-251-50 Fall 2023|
|01||Introduction to Creative Writing||Nielsen, Suzanne R||Books for WRIT-251-01 Spring 2024||Course details for WRIT-251-01 Spring 2024|