Metropolitan State University is committed to fostering inclusive and welcoming learning and work environments. Our Affirmative Action work is at the core of this commitment to ensure that:
- No individual shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices, or access to and participation in programs, services, and activities, or subject to harassment, on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy), color, creed, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, or membership or activity in a local human rights commission.
- Discrimination based on sex (including sexual harassment), gender-based harassment, and harassment based on pregnancy is prohibited.
- We provide reasonable accommodation for employees and applicants with disabilities.
- We continue to promote a program of affirmative action, wherever females, racial/ethnic minorities, and individuals with disabilities are underrepresented in the workforce, and work to retain all qualified, talented employees, including protected group employees.
- Metropolitan State University employees perform their job duties in a manner that promotes equal opportunity for all.
Affirmative Action Officer:
Josefina Landrieu, PhD
Vice President of Equity and Inclusion
View complete Metropolitan State University Affirmative Action Plans below: