About this program
The Information Assurance (IA) and Technology (IT) Security Graduate Certificate program is designed to meet the fast-moving needs of security professionals from a managerial perspective, addressing national standards for this area. Several high profile data breaches highlight how information technologies that enable us to share information across town, across the country, or around the world faster are vulnerable. The need for organizations to manage the security needed to make these technologies safe and useful is crucial.
The National Security Agency's (NSA) Information Assurance Directorate is dedicated to providing information assurance solutions that keep our information systems safe from harm, thus protecting national security. Metropolitan State University is committed to enhancing its initiative in information assurance by offering this Graduate Certificate Program through the College of Management. Metropolitan State University has been designated as a Center of Excellence in Information Assurance and Cyber Security by the National Security agency (NSA).
- examines the role management plays in creating an infrastructure that enables data security
- examines the issues for organizations in developing policies and procedures to protect information, detect unauthorized access and respond to threats
- provides students and organizations with education, information, and training which focuses on how to identify and respond to cyber threats or cyber criminals
- helps students and organizations develop and deploy policies and other safeguards of information assets.
The Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) and The National Security Agency (NSA) certify that Metropolitan State University offers a set of courseware that has been reviewed by National Level IA Subject Matter Experts and determined to meet National Training Standards for Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals, CNSS National Standards 4011, 4013, and 4016.
- NSTISSI-4011, National Training Standard for Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals
- CNSSI-4016, National Information Assurance Training
- CNSSI-4016, National Information Assurance Training Standard for Risk Analysts (RA)
Gainful employment programs are those "that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation." Public institutions are required to report this information for all undergraduate and graduate programs that are Title IV eligible and that lead to certificates, diplomas, graduate certificates or specialist awards. Degree programs at all levels are not considered to be gainful employment programs.