As a unit under the Dean of Students in Student Affairs, the Multicultural, American Indian and Retention Services Department promotes the academic success of historically underrepresented incoming, current, and graduating students by providing retention programming and a wide range of services that include advocacy and educational planning.
Students are assisted and supported by the culturally-sensitive staff. The services are designed to enrich the academic and social experience of students while also connecting them to university and relevant community resources. If you are interested in our services, please call us to make an appointment.
- American Indian Student Support Services
- Asian American and Native Pacific Student Support Services
- Black, African and African American Student Support Services
- Latinx and Undocumented Student Support Services
- Veteran and Military Connected Student Services
- Women's and LGBTQ Student Services
Programs and services
- Provide educational planning for academic success
- Provide individualized advocacy
- Foster a successful transition
- Familiarize students with campus and off-campus resources
- Increase intercultural awareness and competency
- Connect with university organizations
Office hours are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. MAIR Coordinators are in the office three days a week and work remotely two days a week. If you wish to meet with us in the office, email to schedule an appointment.