Skip to main content

VA Educational Benefits

If you have questions about or need help applying for GI Bill®, Federal Tuition Assistance, State Tuition Reimbursement or other benefits, our Veterans and Military Student Services coordinator and certifying official are here to help answer you questions and ensure you find the right benefits for you. For questions about your tuition assistance eligibility and funding amounts, contact your unit or education service officer (ESO).

Once you have applied for your benefits, it is your responsibility to notify the certifying official of your intended benefit use and which classes you would like to use the benefits for. Notification must be done each semester to ensure your benefits are received in a timely manner.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Veteran benefit certification

For assistance with veteran benefit certification, contact Michael Vendittelli, at or at 651.793.1230.

ROTC Resources

The resources and programs of ROTC are available to Metropolitan State University students. These resources include scholarships and other forms of financial aid. All credits earned in the program will transfer to Metropolitan State University. For full information, please review or contact the Department of Military Science at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities at 612.625.3602.
University of Minnesota
Department of Military Science (Army ROTC)
101 Armory Building
15 Southeast Church Street
Minneapolis, MN 55455