Skip to main content

Financial aid forms

Consortium Agreement

If a student is attending more than one school during the same semester, a consortium agreement must be completed to ensure that a student receives their full financial aid. Federal regulations state that only one school can pay a student's financial aid per semester. Use this form if you are receiving financial aid from Metropolitan State (the "home" institution) and are taking courses at another school (the "host" institution). Please see Taking Courses at Another Institution for additional information.

It is the student's responsibility to pay all tuition and fees at the "host" institution.

Disability Discharge Agreement

Submit this form if do not have federal aid eligibility due to prior completion of a disability discharge on your record. This form is to determine reinstatement of your federal loan and if you are able to engage in substantial gainful activity as verified by a physician.

MN Child Care Grant

If you need help filling out the form, contact Gateway Student Services

MN Residency for State Aid Programs

Complete this eform to determine if MN residency criteria is met for consideration for state aid programs (such as, MN State Grant and North Star Promise Scholarship). To complete this eform, be sure to log into the eform when prompted with your StarID and password.

Submit this form (if requested) to determine your eligibility for Minnesota State Grant funding.

MN GI Bill® Application

The MN GI Bill® is available to eligible veterans who have an unmet financial need, meaning college costs that exceed the financial assistance they are receiving from scholarships, Federal Veteran's benefits, and Federal and State financial aid programs.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Special Circumstances Appeal

Use this form if you have a special circumstance which could affect your ability to contribute toward your academic expenses. The purpose of the special circumstances form is to inform the Office of Student Financial Aid of unusual or extraordinary information that is not included on your FAFSA form that may increase your student aid.

Petition for Dependency Override

When you apply for financial aid, your answers to certain questions on the FAFSA determine whether you're considered dependent or independent for financial aid purposes. If you are considered a dependent student, you must report your parents' income and assets as well as your own. If you are considered an independent student, you report only your income and assets (and those of your spouse, if you're married). Submit this petition if you have an extreme and unique situation (such as an abusive family situation) that would prevent you from being able to obtain your parents' information. Please be advised that the U.S. Department of Education has revised the policy regarding dependency overrides, and we are no longer able to grant dependency overrides solely on the basis of self-support and independent living standards.

Return Loan Funds Request

Submit this form if you would like to return all or part of any loan funds that were disbursed to you during the current award year.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal

Submit this form if you have been placed on financial aid suspension due to low GPA and/or cumulative completion rate.

Submit this form if have reached the maximum time frame to be eligible for financial aid and would like to appeal the decision.

Statement of Educational Purpose

This form must be completed on campus at Gateway Student Services with valid, unexpired, government-issued identification. Questions? Please contact Gateway Student Services at 651.793.1300, option 5.

Statement of Proof of Eligible Citizen-Resident Documentation

This form is to be used if the student is unable to appear or provide in person at Metropolitan State with original documentation for purposes of showing eligibility of U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency.

Tax Return Forms

IRS forms to request your confidential income information. These forms will have your tax information (or lack thereof) mailed to you. Once you receive them, please turn them into our office as they are necessary for the financial aid application verification process.

Authorization of  Miscellaneous Charges and Bookstore Credit Form

According to federal regulations, Metropolitan State University is required to have your signed authorization in order to apply Federal financial aid proceeds to pay charges other than required tuition and fees. One example of a non-required charge applied to your student account is the bookstore credit program.

If you are eligible for Federal, State and institutional financial aid, and if this financial aid exceeds your tuition and fees, you may grant permission to Metropolitan State to pay these non-required charges with the proceeds of your financial aid. This authorization remains valid until you rescind this authorization or graduate from your program.

Authorization to Release Student Information

This form allows students to authorize a 3rd party to access student information protected under the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).