Financial aid is disbursed beginning approximately the 17th day of each semester based on enrolled credits. Funds are credited to the account created for you by the university's Financial Management office. Students are required to attend all courses before financial aid is disbursed.
Financial aid that is over and above the student's tuition, fees and, if applicable, bookstore charge is refunded by BankMobile according the student's instructions.
If you have questions about BankMobile or disbursement of financial aid, contact Gateway Student Services.
Setting up refund delivery through BankMobile
Metropolitan State uses BankMobile to disburse any refund money students may have. To set up your fund disbursement preferences with BankMobile:
- Look for a refund selection kit in the mail. It will arrive in a bright green envelope at the address you have on file with the university. The kit contains a personal code.
- Log in to RefundSelection.com. You'll log in using the personal code contained your refund selection kit.
- Select the option of receiving refund money that works best for you.
Your refund options
Electronic deposit to a bank account
Money is transferred directly to the bank account you specify. Transfers are on the same business day BankMobile receives funds from the university. Typically, it takes 1 to 3 business days for the bank receiving the money to credit it to your account.
Electronic deposit to a BankMobile account
If you open a BankMobile Vibe account, money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
Request a check
If you do not select a refund preference through RefundSelection, you can request a check.
- Check issuance requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Check requests cannot be made until BankMobile has processed your refund.
- To request a check, send email from your university email account to email@example.com. Include your name, tech ID and the date and time you want to pick up your check.
- We will notify you when your check is ready for pick up.