These articles contain ideas for how to support educational success for undocumented youth through Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), as well as for immigrant and international students, generally.
NAFSA Travel Advisory for Nationals of Certain Countries Pursuant to Executive Order 13769 (Executive Order on Immigration) https://www.nafsa.org/Professional_Resources/Browse_by_Interest/Interna…
Executive_Order_13769/Immigrant Legal Resource Center: Post-Election Talking Points and Resources
10 things community college educators can do to support educational success for undocumented youth through DACA http://cccie.org/wpcontent/uploads/2014/12/supporting%20daca_10%20thing…
Resource Page on DACA for international student advisors and education abroad advisors
Diploma, Please: Promoting educational attainment for DACA - and Potential DREAM Act-Eligible Youth
If a student or employee is in need of external legal or advocacy assistance related to immigration and refugee issues consider these resources.
- Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota www.ilcm.org
- American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota www.aclu-mn.org
- The Advocates for Human Rights www.theadvocatesforhumanrights.org
- International Institute of Minnesota www.iimn.org
- NAVIGATE www.navigatemn.org
- Council on American-Islamic Relations, Minnesota www.cairmn.com
- State and Federal Law- Employees can support educational success for undocumented students, as well as for immigrant and international students, by understanding the applicable legal framework.