- If you are a freshman or a PSEO student having no college credit, you need to take Math and Reading/Writing placement tests.
- If you are a transfer student and
- you have not completed any college level Writing course for Goal I Part I, you need to take the reading and writing placement tests.
- you have not fulfilled the Goal IV Mathematic/Logical Reasoning requirement, you need to take the math placement tests.
- you may need to take all or you may not need to take any. Check your Degree Audit Report (DARS) or your academic advisor for more information.
Before testing, you should visit our website at Preparation and sample questions and do a serious review, so that the results will represent your current best possible skill levels.
The web-based Accuplacer tests are not timed, but most people can finish both the math and language tests in about two hours. One hour or so is the norm for most students if they take only one part of the tests.
To sign up for testing using RegisterBlast
At RegisterBlast, you will find the updated Testing Sessions. Sign up for a date and time that works best for you. There are instructions that you should follow, but it should be fairly straightforward.
If you are unable to attend any of these sessions, go to Voucher request and other arrangements for further details.
If you are scheduling a retest, you should be aware that the maximum retakes is three times, that includes all test records in the Minnesota State records system.
Personal calculators are not allowed. In addition, use unscented personal care products. Be sensitive to others -- this is a shared space.
To request accommodations for a disability, call Center for Accessibility Resources at 651-793-1549.