Program eligibility requirements
MAPL accepts new cohorts each fall and spring semester and limits the number of students in each new cohort to approximately 20. To be eligible for admission to the program, all candidates must have:
- A four-year Bachelor's degree with a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (Exception: Applicants may be accepted in MAPL with grade point averages below 3.0 as long as they have accomplished significant community-oriented service activity.)
- Accomplished at least some community-oriented extracurricular activity, whether in service with a nonprofit, serving community needs directly, or in politics and political organizations.
Metro State University is participating in the common application for graduate programs (GradCAS). Applications are only accepted via the CAS website.
- Select the term for which you are seeking admission (below), and navigate to the CAS website. Open applications include:
- Create or log in to your account and select the Advocacy and Political Leadership (MAPL) program.
- Carefully review all instructions and complete all four sections of the application.
Specific application requirements for individual programs can be found on each program page in CAS. Carefully read the instructions that appear throughout the application pages. You can only submit your application once. If you need to update information you have submitted, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org
A nonrefundable $38 fee is required for each application. Applications will not be processed until this fee is received.
Active-duty military, veterans, and Metro State alumni can receive an application fee waiver. Contact email@example.com.