Metropolitan State offers a individualized approach to learning, in a variety of delivery methods.
Delivery method refers to the instructional format the course will be presented by the instructor, such as in-person, classroom, or online. All course delivery methods may utilize the D2L Brightspace learning platform. D2L is a web-based system that is often used by instructors for sharing content, leading discussions, posting grades, allowing students to upload assignments, and more. Courses with defined online delivery methods may require intermediate computer/Internet skills. For online learning and course access information, go to www.metrostate.edu/solr.
Courses with In-Person Instruction (listed under “delivery method” in eServices)
The following courses will have in-person instruction, assuming pandemic conditions allow. Students and faculty who are meeting in-person will be required to maintain physical distancing and to wear face coverings.
- Hybrid: Courses of this type have a planned mix of in-person sessions and structured online learning. Look for the scheduled dates and times for in-person sessions and any scheduled online class sessions.
- Mostly Online: Courses of this type have a planned mix of in-person sessions, proctored exams, and structured online learning. Look for the scheduled dates and times for in-person sessions and scheduled online class sessions.
- Hyflex: Courses of this type will have a day, time, and classroom assigned. The faculty member will offer in-person sessions to students who choose to be in-person. The class sessions will also be broadcast via Zoom for students who prefer to engage online.
Courses that are Completely Online or Remote (listed under “delivery method” in eServices)
The following course types are delivered using only online instruction. Students will need access to a computer and internet to successfully complete these courses. In addition, if the course includes proctored exams, students will need access to a computer with a web camera. Read the course notes in eServices carefully.
- Completely Online—Synchronous: Courses of this type will consist of only online learning activities. Look for the scheduled dates and times for the online class sessions.
- Completely Online—Asynchronous: Courses of this type will consist of only online learning activities without any required, scheduled class sessions.