About this program
Our Individualized Degree program offers you a chance to:
- Incorporate courses from a variety of different subjects.
- Design a degree that reflects your educational, personal, and career interests
- Transfer credits from other schools and apply them towards a B.A. degree.
- Use creative learning strategies, including prior learning to complete your degree in less time and money.
Our Individualized Degree program helps you become the life-long learner you need to be in our ever changing world. The faculty and staff of the College of Individualized Studies look forward to working with you
The Individualized Studies Bachelor of Arts degree reflects the original mission of Metropolitan State University-to give students primary authority over and responsibility for their educations. With guidance from faculty in the initial course PRSP 301 Perspectives: Educational Philosophy & Planning, students design their own course of study.
In addition to traditional classroom setting, students also use a variety of course delivery methods such as student-directed learning.
Examples of programs students have designed include:
- combining subjects from two different colleges such as political science and business administration, or
- focusing on broad general themes through the perspective of a variety of subject areas, such as the environmental movement, international development, human services and psychology and Third World tourism, or community development.
Students are assigned academic advisors who assist them in their progress toward completion of the degree.
For more information, contact CIS.Advising@metrostate.edu or 651-793-1937 .