Current students: Declare this program
Future students: Apply now
Apply to Metropolitan State: Start the journey toward your Mathematics Teaching BS now. Learn about the steps to enroll or, if you have questions about what Metropolitan State can offer you, request information, visit campus or chat with an admissions counselor.
Program eligibility requirements
Students interested in pursuing the Mathematics for Teaching BS should take the following steps:
(1) Speak with a faculty member in the Mathematics & Statistics Department or contact the Chair of the department (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about the Mathematics for Teaching, B.S. as well as other programs in the department to determine which program best aligns with your interests.
(2) Complete the following Pre-Major Requirements:
- Take the following prerequisite courses: STAT 201 Statistics I, MATH 210 Calculus I, and MATH 211 Calculus II.
- Earn grades of C- or higher and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in the above prerequisite courses.
(3) Declare the Mathematics for Teaching, B.S. using the online College of Sciences declaration form.
Transfer coursework equivalency is determined by the Mathematics and Statistics Department.