About this program
The Mathematics Bachelor of Arts offers a rigorous program of study in mathematics that integrates both depth and breadth. The program provides students with a strong undergraduate foundation in mathematics essential for graduate studies in pure or applied mathematics and preparation for innovative applications of mathematics in a variety of careers. Compared to the Industrial and Applied Mathematics B.S., this is a more traditional mathematics major, with a greater emphasis on theory.
After completing the Mathematics B.A., students will be able to:
- Read and construct mathematical arguments and proofs.
- Apply mathematical knowledge in both familiar and new situations.
- Communicate depth and breadth of mathematical knowledge, both orally and in writing.
- Apply analytical and theoretical skills to model and solve mathematical problems.
- Communicate and assimilate mathematical information effectively.