This program provides associate degree dental hygienists from accredited institutions an opportunity to complete a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene (BSDH) degree. All Dental Hygiene Department educational programs are based on academic excellence, and the values of community involvement, ethical conduct and social responsibility.
Completion of a baccalaureate degree provides dental hygienists with new and relevant employment opportunities as oral healthcare professionals. An important benefit may be broadening employment prospects in traditional and/or non-traditional work settings. Contemporary non-traditional work settings for dental hygienists may include:
- Educational roles
- School-based programs
- Local, state or federal health programs
- Health care related project management
The dental hygiene baccalaureate completion program is designed to meet the professional and educational goals of dental hygienists. Offered on-line by dental hygiene educators, students can participate in advancing their education while maintaining employment. The program focuses on:
- Expanding dental hygiene knowledge and skills
- Deepening professional growth in the role as a community minded dental hygienist
- Expanding your opportunities in the workforce
- Preparing students who are interested in pursuing Metropolitan State University's Master of Science in Advanced Dental Therapy graduate degree (MSADT)
- Baccalaureate degree is required for graduate education
- MSADT prerequisite course is offered in the BSDH degree completion program
- Utilize critical thinking, problem solving, and evidence-based decision making in the dental hygiene process of care.
- Engage in collaborative partnerships and professional activities to advance the profession of dental hygiene.
- Provide relevant and current dental hygiene practices to the patients they serve.