Current students: Declare this program
Once you’re admitted as an undergraduate student and have met any further admission requirements your chosen program may have, you may declare a major or declare an optional minor.
Future students: Apply now
Apply to Metropolitan State: Start the journey toward your Dental hygiene BSDH now. Learn about the steps to enroll or, if you have questions about what Metropolitan State can offer you, request information, visit campus or chat with an admissions counselor.
Get started on your Dental hygiene BSDH
Program eligibility requirements
Metropolitan State University’s Dental Hygiene program is a degree completion program. Students admitted to our program are licensed dental hygienists or enrolled in an Associate of Science program leading to dental hygiene licensure through one of our community college partners. Admission is rolling and admitted students may enroll in courses in the next available term. Admitted students work closely with their academic advisor to meet university and major graduation requirements.
A clinical component is not essential to BSDH program completion.
Students must submit an Undergraduate University Admissions Application.
The following are also required:
- Official transcript from an accredited dental hygiene program demonstrating successful completion (or letter from program director or dean if within 15 credits of graduation)
- Official transcripts of all other college and university coursework
- Transcripts from Minnesota State institutions will be made available by e-transcripts
- Cumulative GPA of 2.50 (4.00 scale - calculated from all college coursework)
- Appropriate documentation of an active dental hygiene license (or letter from program director if within final semester of graduation)