The Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program allows high school and home-schooled juniors and seniors to earn both high school and college credit for courses completed through a college or university. Metropolitan State University participates in this program.
We invite you to learn more about PSEO and how it can benefit you. Read our FAQ for answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- Seniors must rank in the upper half of their class or have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA or have an ACT composite score of 21 or higher
- Juniors must rank in the upper third of their class or have at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA or have an ACT composite score of 21 or higher
- Sophomores may explore available courses at other Minnesota State institutions. Metropolitan State University does not accept sophomores for the PSEO program.
- Fall Semester: April 17
- Spring Semester: November 1
All materials must be received by the final deadlines above in order to be considered for admission. These dates also apply to returning PSEO students.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a returning PSEO student, we do not need a new high school transcript. However, we will need the PSEO Program Notice of Student Registration form by the deadline posted above.
How to Apply
1. Meet With Your High School Counselor
Make sure the program aligns with your academic goals and abilities and discuss the program with your parent/guardian(s) first. Then arrange a meeting with your high school counselor to start the application process and discuss course selection.
- 2020–2021 Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program Registration Form-Typed Signature Option (PDF)
- 2020–2021 Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program Registration Form-Digital Signature Option (PDF)
2. Apply for Undergraduate Admission
Complete the admissions application online. For questions or assistance with your application, please call Undergraduate Admissions at 651-793-1302.
3. Send Transcripts and Registration Form
Request your official high school transcripts and provide the completed PSEO Program Notice of Student Registration form. They can be mailed to:
Metropolitan State University
700 East Seventh St.
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a returning PSEO student, we do not need a new high school transcript. However, we will need the PSEO Program Notice of Student Registration form (available above) by the deadline posted above.
4. Once Accepted, Learn About Student Services
After you receive your letter of admission (provided at the required orientation session) Gateway Student Services is your contact for information about Metropolitan State and services offered to students.
5. Register for Mandatory PSEO Student Orientation
All new PSEO students are required to attend the mandatory PSEO Student Orientation and Registration Session virtually on Zoom conference on Friday, April 10 or Tuesday, May 1 from 2–4:30 p.m. You will register for your PSEO courses at Orientation. Information on how to join the meeting will be sent in a confirmation email. Please register below.