Life After Metro
National Alumni Career Mobility Survey
We are pleased to announce that Metropolitan State University is participating in the National Alumni Career Mobility Survey. College student pathway data will provide US colleges and universities with insights about the career pathways of their graduates. We invite all alumni who graduated in the class year 2012 or 2017 to provide us with insights about your unique career path, so that we can continuously improve how we prepare upcoming graduates for their future.
The Career Center and Alumni
Managing your career is a life-long process. The Career Center will work with alumni throughout this process and welcomes you to participate in our events. At some point, you’ll have to change your Handshake log-in from your StarID to a personal email account. As an alum, Handshake will remain an important center for your job search, where employers look to meet Metropolitan State University students and alums. In Handshake, you’ll also always be able to register for our career infosessions where employers come on campus to meet you.
Where do our alumni go?
Each year, Metropolitan State conducts a survey to compile employment statistics of past graduates. The data is broken down by major and program so you can get a better idea of what percentage of graduates go on to employment in their fields of study. See graduate statistics for more information.
Grad follow up survey
Alumni, one of your first duties as you prepare for graduation, or shortly thereafter, will be to take the Graduate Follow Up survey. The results help our prospective and currents students get a better idea of the job market according to majors and programs. It's super easy and takes just a few minutes, so please participate.
You are automatically an Alumni Association member if you are either a degree or certificate graduate of Metropolitan State. Send our Alumni Office your email address to receive a monthly E-newsletter.
Employment status of graduates, 2014–19
Percentage of graduates in related employment, 2014–19
- Related Employment Full-time includes graduates who worked during the tracking period, and the graduate’s job was related to the program of study and was full-time.
- Related Employment Part-time includes graduates who reported related employment but did not indicate the number of hours worked per week.
- Unavailability for Employment includes graduates who chose not to seek work, were unable to work, or were international students who returned to their homelands.
- Status Unknown includes graduates who could not be located or did not respond to requests for information.
- Continuing Education can include some graduates who also reported employment but indicated that continuing education was their preferred classification.
- Unrelated Employment Seeking Related includes graduates who worked during the tracking period, and the graduate’s job was unrelated to the program of study and the graduate was seeking a related job.
- Unrelated Employment Not Seeking Related includes graduates who worked during the tracking period, and the graduate’s job was unrelated to the program of study and the graduate was not seeking a related job.
- Available for Work but Unemployed includes graduates who did not work or pursue further education during the tracking period and were seeking work.
- Unavailable for Employment includes graduates who did not work, did not pursue further education during the tracking period, and were not seeking work. This includes graduates who are deceased, were unable to work because of a medical condition or incarceration, or are individuals from other countries who returned home.
Note: Categories of employment can include some graduates who also reported continuing education but indicated that employment was their preferred classification.
Status of Graduates within One Year of Graduation Includes All Programs
Total Number of Graduates
Number of graduates who responded to the survey
Currently in Related Employment
Graduates who reported finding employment related to their field of study.
Available for Related Employment
Includes related employment full time and part time, unrelated seeking related and looking for work.
Can include some graduates who also reported employment but indicated that continuing education was their preferred classification.
Not Seeking Related
Available for Work
Unavailable for Employment