Since our world is becoming more quantitative and data-focused, job opportunities in statistics are plentiful and projected to increase worldwide. The applied statistics minor will provide students with knowledge and skills needed for a future career involving data evaluation and data analysis. The applied statistics minor offers students a program of study in core areas of statistics with an emphasis on applications. This minor is designed to complement other majors where additional statistical knowledge is beneficial.
Graduates will be able to apply statistical methods to design of experiments, data management, and data analysis.
After completing the Applied Statistics minor, students will be able to:
- understand and apply research design principles
- understand how to use and manage data for data analysis
- apply statistical methodologies to analyze data
- understand and explain results of a data analysis
- relate statistical analysis to prospective career opportunities