MetroConnect is an innovative program that allows students to earn select bachelor’s degrees from Metropolitan State University without commuting to our campus. For these programs, you can attend all the courses you need to complete your four-year degree at locations near to where you already are—whether home is on the shores of Lake Superior or in the heart of the Twin Cities.
MetroConnect is a collaboration between Metropolitan State University and community colleges within the Minnesota State system.
After you finish a curriculum of lower-division credits (and become an admitted Metro student), you’ll complete your four-year degree with upper-division credits from Metropolitan State University on campus at our partner institution. Degree requirements—and any eligibility criteria some programs have in addition to university admissions—are found on each program’s page.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum courses: 40 credits
- Goal 1 ENGC 1101: First-year student Composition (4 credits)
- Goal 1 COMM 1111: Interpersonal Communication OR
COMM 1101: Fundamentals of Public Speaking OR
COMM 1121: Small Group Communication (3 credits)
- Goal 2 Goal area is met by completion of all 40 credits of the MnTC
- Goal 3 Two courses from a minimum of two departments
(including one lab course; 7 credits)
- Goal 4 MATH 1100: College Algebra & Probability (4 credits)
- Goals 5 and 9 ECON 2201: Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)
- Goal 5 PSYC 1110: Introduction to Psychology OR SOC 1104: Introduction to Sociology (3-4 credits)
- Goal 6 Two courses from a minimum of two departments (PHIL 1170 is recommended; 6 credits)
- Goal 7 One course (3 credits)
- Goal 8 ECON 2202: Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- Goal 10 One course (3-4 credits)
Accounting AS courses: 20 credits
- ACCT 1853: Federal Income Tax (4 credits)
- ACCT 2251: Financial Accounting (4 credits)
- ACCT 2252: Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- ACCT 2254: Introduction to Management Information Systems OR BUSN 1201: Information Technology Concepts and Business Software 1 (recommended; 3-4 credits)
- BUSN 2220: Statistics for Business and Economics OR MATH 1080: Introduction to Statistics OR MATH 1090: STATWAY Statistics 2 (4 credits)
Accounting BS Requirement Equivalent
These NCC courses are equivalent to major requirements for this bachelor's degree.
- BUSN 1201 (equivalent to MIS 100: Fundamentals of IT in Organizations, Part A & B; 4 credits)
- MATH 1100 (equivalent to MATH 115: College Algebra (or higher); 4 credits))
- ECON 2202 (equivalent to ECON 201: Macroeconomics; 4 credits)
- ECON 2201 (equivalent to ECON 202: Microeconomics; 4 credits)
- BUSN 2220 OR MATH 1080 OR MATH 1090 (equivalent to STAT 201: Statistics 1; 4 credits)
- ACCT 2251 (equivalent to ACCT 210: Financial Accounting; 4 credits)
- ACCT 2252 (equivalent to ACCT 320: Strategic Management Accounting; 4 credits)