About this program
The Data Science Bachelor of Science degree offers students skills and knowledge in advanced analytics, data mining, business analytics, and statistics for generating meaningful insights and developing data-centric strategies essential for industry. The Data Science Major is a multi-disciplinary program integrating coursework in four areas: statistics, mathematics, computer science, and management. Students graduating with the Data Science BS should be prepared to interact with data at all stages of an investigation and will possess the oral and written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment.
After completing the Data Science major, students will be able to:
- Use statistical knowledge and computing skills to formulate problems, extract and gather data from relevant resources following ethics guidelines
- Use computational skills to manipulate, organize, scrape, and prepare data for analyses
- Use statistical knowledge and computing skills to visualize and analyze data
- Effectively communicate findings within a team environment
- Effectively offer insights from data to scientists in diverse fields