Current students: Declare this program
Future students: Apply now
Apply to Metropolitan State: Start the journey toward your Industrial and Applied Mathematics BS now. Learn about the steps to enroll or, if you have questions about what Metropolitan State can offer you, request information, visit campus or chat with an admissions counselor.
More ways to earn your degree: Metropolitan State offers the flexibility you need to finish your degree. Through programs at our partner institutions, you can find a path to getting your Industrial and Applied Mathematics BS that works best for you.
Program eligibility requirements
Students expressing interest in the Industrial and Applied Mathematics BS when they apply for admission to the university will be assigned a faculty advisor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics and will be given pre-major status.
The Industrial and Applied Mathematics BS is a new program, officially starting in Fall 2019. Students interested in pursuing this program should take the following steps:
- Speak with a faculty member in the Mathematics and Statistics Department or contact the chair of the department (email@example.com) to learn more about the Industrial and Applied Mathematics BS as well as other programs in the department to determine which program best aligns with your interests.
- Complete the following Pre-major Requirements:
- Take the following prerequisite courses: STAT 201 Statistics I, ICS 140 Introduction to Computational Thinking with Programming, MATH 210 Calculus I, and MATH 215 Discrete Mathematics.
- Earn grades of C- or higher and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in the above prerequisite courses.
- Declare the Industrial & Applied Mathematics, B.S. using the online College of Sciences declaration form starting Fall 2019.
Transfer coursework equivalency is determined by the Mathematics and Statistics Department.