Skip to main content

Renewing accommodations

Student accommodations are for one semester at a time.  Although you do not need to re-register with CAR each semester you do need to notify us of your need for an accommodation letter each semester.

Students already registered with CAR that need a new accommodation letter should inform CAR staff of this prior to the start of the term. Ideally, you would do this as soon as you register to allow time for processing any accommodations such as alternative text format or interpreting that may take more time to complete.

Accommodation letters for those students that have notified CAR are sent out approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term. For example Fall semester letters usually go out in early August. It is the students responsibility to provide each instructor with a copy of their letter and inform the instructor which of their approved accommodations they will need to use in that course.