Metropolitan State University is committed and obligated to providing equitable educational opportunities and full participation to individuals regardless of their ability. This includes barrier free electronic and information technology (EIT) environments. The University's commitment to EIT access covers the following areas:
- Web accessibility
- Instructional materials accessibility - both in person and online
- Document accessibility
- Electronic media accessibility
- Software, hardware and systems accessibility
In accordance with Federal and State laws the University has adopted the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, level AA and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Captioning: Metropolitan State University uses a best practices approach to captioning all audio/video content.
- Audio Description: Metropolitan State University uses a best practice approach to providing audio description for highly visual content, not otherwise accessible through audio or tactile means.