Metropolitan State University is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive and accessible learning environment for all members of our diverse community. No matter if you are planning an event, course, informational materials, or other work, CAR has resources to assist in that planning process and staff that consult and/or make presentations to individuals or groups. Accessibility is the responsibility of all members of the University community and it goes beyond the physical spaces and environments of the University. Using principles of Universal Design we can help to ensure that all members of our community have equitable access to physical spaces as well as our materials and programs. The Center for Accessibility Resources (CAR) can provide you with training and other resources to ensure that everyone has equitable access to the University and all it has to offer.
- Rights and responsibilitiesCommon accommodationsRenewing accommodationsTransfer students accommodationsTemporary conditionsConcerns and complaintsRequest a copy of your documentationOther resources
- ASL interpreting and Communication Access Realtime TranslationAlternative Text FormatAssistive technologyAnimalsTest accommodations
- OutreachEvent planningUniversal designTechnology access
- CaptioningAudio descriptionCreating contentBuying accessible ITGuidelines and standards
- Curricular accessSample syllabus statementsReasonable accommodationsFaculty FAQsTools and resources