Scholarships and grants
There are many opportunities for scholarships, grants and other types of financial aid for students. Check the University's Foundation page for more information about institutional scholarships and grants.
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology Scholarship
- American Association on Health and Disability Scholarship Program
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship
- American Foundation for the Blind Scholarships
- American Speech Language Hearing Foundation Scholarships
- Billy Barty Foundation Scholarships
- Council of Citizens with Low Vision International Scholarships
- Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Scholarship
- Cystic Fibrosis Scholarship Foundation
- Kathern F. Gruber Scholarship Program
- Lighthouse Guild Scholarships
- Michael Yasick ADHD Scholarship
- National Federation of the Blind Scholarships
- National Multiple Sclerosis Foundation Scholarship
- Reintegration Center Scholarship
- Scholarships for Cerebral Palsy
- Summit Disability Law Group Scholarships
Here are some other options you may want to explore outside of the University.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is often another source for financial assistance. To learn more, contact an CAR staff member.
- College Resource Network is a free scholarship search engine and college planning website specializing (but not limited) in Minority, Disability, and Diversity Scholarships.
- Financial Aid Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities- ACLS Medical Training has compiled a growing list of more than 30 different educational scholarships for individuals with disabilities
- Deaf and DeafBlind Student Tuition Waiver Grant- Contact CAR for eligibility requirements.
Additional deaf and hard of hearing resources
Assistive Listening Devices: FM systems are available for check out from the Library. Go to the 2nd floor circulation desk.
Founder's Hall Auditorium also has FM system equipment available for events happening in the auditorium.
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- Commission of Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans
- Charles Thompson Memorial Hall
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS)
- DeafBlind Services of Minnesota
- Family Voices of Minnesota
- Minnesota Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (MRID)
- Minnesota Relay
- Pacer Center