Current students: Declare this program
Future students: Apply now
Apply to Metropolitan State: Start the journey toward your Nursing Prelicensure BSN now. Learn about the steps to enroll or, if you have questions about what Metropolitan State can offer you, request information, visit campus or chat with an admissions counselor.
Program eligibility requirements
To be eligible for acceptance to the Prelicensure BSN major, students must complete/submit the following:
- General admission to Metropolitan State University, which requires submission of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended;
- Completion of the nine prerequisites (“first and second semester curriculum” listed on the Courses and Requirements Tab) with a 2.75 minimum GPA (WRIT 131, PSYC 100, MNTC GOAL AREA 3 SCIENCE, METRO 101 or MNTC GOAL AREA 6 COURSE, BIOL 221, BIOL 225, PSYC 311, MNTC GOAL AREA 1 INTERMEDIATE WRITING COURSE, WRIT 330);
- Most current available version of the ATI TEAS Exam is required with minimum score of 58.7—students can find more information about it at TEAS Exam | Metropolitan State University (metrostate.edu);
- Submission of the Metropolitan State University Prelicensure BSN Application by the published application deadline;
- “Third semester classes” (listed on the Courses and Requirements Tab) must be completed prior to program start (BIOL 222, PHIL 321, COMM 372, NURS 220, HSCI 201);
Admission is limited and competitive; it is advised that all applicants also consider a parallel plan.
Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in both the first and second semester prerequisite courses listed in the Prelicensure BSN Program course sequence to maintain eligibility for admission. Official transcripts will be used to calculate the GPA, and the most recent grades will be used. Each individual course must have at least a C grade.