MetroConnect is an innovative program that allows students to earn select bachelor’s degrees from Metropolitan State University without commuting to our campus. For these programs, you can attend all the courses you need to complete your four-year degree at locations near to where you already are—whether home is on the shores of Lake Superior or in the heart of the Twin Cities.
MetroConnect is a collaboration between Metropolitan State University and community colleges within the Minnesota State system.
After you finish a curriculum of lower-division credits (and become an admitted Metro student), you’ll complete your four-year degree with upper-division credits from Metropolitan State University on campus at our partner institution. Degree requirements—and any eligibility criteria some programs have in addition to university admissions—are found on each program’s page.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum courses: 30 credits
- Goal 1 ENGL 1200: Gateway College Writing OR ENGL 1201: College Writing I (4 credits)
- Goal 1 ENGL 1202: College Writing II (2 credits)
- Goal 1 COMM 1310: Intercultural Communication (3 credits)
- Goal 2 PHIL 1220: Health Care Ethics (3 credits)
- Goal 3 BIOL 1130: Human Biology with Lab (4 credits)
- Goal 5 PSYC 1160: Introduction to Psychology (4 credits)
- Goals 5 and 7 SOC 1110: Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
- MnTC electives restricted to Goal Areas 4, 6 and 10. (7 credits)
Human Services AS courses: 30 credits
- HSER 1100: Introduction to Human Services (3 credits)
- HSER 1200: Multicultural Awareness in Human Services (3 credits)
- HSER 1300: Crisis Assessment and Intervention (3 credits)
- HSER 1400: Basic Counseling Skills (3 credits)
- HSER 1500: Group Processes (3 credits)
- HSER 1600: Loss and Grief (2 credits)
- HSER 1700: Family Functions and Interactions (3 credits)
- HSER 2100: Human Services Seminar (1 credits)
- HSER 2101: Human Services Internship (6 credits)
- HSER 1800: Mental Disorders through the Life Span OR HSER 1900: Current Human Services Topics (3 credits)
Human Services BS Requirement Equivalent
These NHCC courses are equivalent to major requirements for this bachelor's degree.
- HSER 355 (equivalent to HSER 1100: Introduction to Human Services; 2 credits)
- HSER 395 (equivalent to HSER 1200: Multicultural Awareness in Human Services; 3 credits)
- HSER 346 (equivalent to HSER 1400: Basic Counseling Skills AND HSER 1500: Group Processes; 3 credits)
- HSFS 143 (equivalent to HSER 1700: Family Functions and Interactions; 3 credits)